It just feels like yesterday when Coco started attending Pre-School! A week ago, he started attending Kindergarten! Thankfully, I had a full week of vacation before he started school. I came from a 2-week long work trip to South Africa. So we caught up a bit, played a lot, went on a picnic by the lake, and before we knew it, we needed to buy school supplies!
Supplies, supplies, supplies!
The Metro Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) provide the list of supplies we needed. We logged on to the web page of his school and downloaded the list. The supplies he needed include the following:
- 2– White Avery “View” 3 ring binders (1 inch size)
- 4 – Wide-Ruled composition books (black & white)
- 2 – Packs of wide ruled loose leaf notebook paper
- 24 – Glue sticks (Elmer’s preferred)
- 1 – Pair of scissors (Fiskars suggested)
- 1 – Box of 24 count crayons (Crayola strongly preferred)
- 3 – Boxes of 8 count classic crayons, Regular size (Crayola strongly preferred)
- 2 – Boxes of 8 count classic crayons, Large size (Crayola strongly preferred) No JUMBOS
- 3 – Packs of white unlined index cards
- 2 – Packs of washable markers (Crayola strongly preferred-1 box classic colors & 1 box bright colors)
- 2– Packs of dry erase markers with chisel tip (Expo strongly preferred-ALL BLACK-4 per pack)
- 2 – Large erasers (2 or more in a pack)
- 2-Packages of Mixed Construction Paper(9 by 12)
Strongly Encouraged Items:
- 1 – Pair of headphones with strip across the head (no ear buds)
- 2 – Boxes of Ziploc slider bags – Gallon Size
- (suggested for ease of children’s use)
- 2 – Boxes of Ziploc slider bags – Sandwich Size (suggested for ease of children’s use)
- 1 – Pack of baby wipes or cleaning wipes (Antibacterial or Clorox suggested)
- 2- Rolls of paper towels
- 1 – Container of hand sanitizer, Large size
- Paper Plates -Colored Copy Paper -Treasure Box Items
We were starting to get the hang of this process.
Off we went to Walmart to buy his school supplies!
It was Tennessee’s tax free weekend. We ended up saving at least $20 on taxes for our son’s school supplies! In addition to the school supplies, we bought a couple of shirts (with collar) that will serve as his daily uniform. This school thing can be a bit expensive. At least we don’t need to pay for any fees for him to go to school!